Uses of Fluconazole Injection Solution:
- It is used to treat fungal infections.
- It is used to prevent fungal infections.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Fluconazole Injection Solution?
- If you have an allergy to fluconazole or any other part of fluconazole injection solution.
- If you are allergic to fluconazole injection solution; any part of fluconazole injection solution; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you are taking any of these drugs: Astemizole, cisapride, erythromycin, olaparib, pimozide, quinidine, terfenadine, or voriconazole.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant. You will need to talk with your doctor about if fluconazole injection solution is right for you.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with fluconazole injection solution.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take fluconazole injection solution with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Fluconazole Injection Solution?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take fluconazole injection solution. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how fluconazole injection solution affects you.
- Do not use longer than you have been told. A second infection may happen.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you drink alcohol.
- Very bad skin problems like rashes have happened with fluconazole injection solution. Sometimes, this has been deadly in people with other bad health problems. Talk with the doctor.
- Very bad liver problems have rarely happened with fluconazole injection solution. Sometimes, this has been deadly in people with other bad health problems. Talk with the doctor.
- A severe and sometimes deadly reaction has happened. Most of the time, this reaction has signs like fever, rash, or swollen glands with problems in body organs like the liver, kidney, blood, heart, muscles and joints, or lungs. If you have questions, talk with the doctor.
- If you are 65 or older, use fluconazole injection solution with care. You could have more side effects.
- If you are able to get pregnant, talk with your doctor. You may need to use birth control to prevent pregnancy while taking fluconazole injection solution and for some time after your last dose.
- This medicine may cause harm to the unborn baby if you take it while you are pregnant. If you are pregnant or you get pregnant while taking fluconazole injection solution, call your doctor right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Fluconazole Injection Solution) best taken?
Use fluconazole injection solution as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- It is given as an infusion into a vein over a period of time.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.